JUNIOR ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGIST OR DESIGNER
TWS Engineering Ltd. an Edmonton based engineering firm that specializing in engineering consulting and design work across most of Canada and has provided excellence in engineering consulting services since 1977. Our clientele includes the full spectrum of sectors within the construction industry. We offer full consulting and design service to our clients from the conception of a project, through construction and into maintenance. We practice in the mechanical, structural, civil, electrical, power quality, instrumentation and controls engineering disciplines. In addition, we offer forensic engineering services and power quality engineering. We are deeply committed to sustainable design and minimizing our footprint on the planet while maintaining maximum value for our client.
The Electrical Department specializes in the design of Lighting, Power Distribution, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Communications and Security systems in commercial, healthcare, institutional, retail, residential and mixed-use high-rise projects. Currently, we are seeking an Intermediate Electrical Technologist or Designer for our Edmonton office as we are expanding and growing. We offer progressive career opportunities, a healthy work environment and a variety of exciting and challenging projects.
The team at TWS is comprised of loyal employees who are passionate about their work. We encourage a fun learning environment and encourage employees to foster strong peer and client relationships. We have an office environment built on respect, where everyone is considered an essential and valuable member of the team. We are committed to helping our staff reach their full potential. We provide the tools, training, and project experience that will allow you to grow professionally and personally.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Collect client and project information and prepare electrical designs in accordance with best practice design and relevant codes and standards.
- Use AutoCAD to prepare 2D drawing sets.
- Use Revit to prepare 3D Building Information (BIM) models and export to 2D drawing sets.
- Use calculation software like AGi32 and ETAP to complete engineered designs for review.
- Coordinate electrical design with Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Civil and other project consultants under the direction of the project Engineer.
- Visit project site to collect required information.
- Visit Construction site to complete construction reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project engineers.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in a variety of building-related projects. Qualifications include:
Education and Certification:
- Minimum 2 years of design experience in Lighting, Power Distribution, Fire Alarm, and Communications systems.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Technology program.
- Registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist with ASET is preferred, but not essential.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and BIM (Revit).
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards in building electrical engineering and consulting.
- A basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts.
- Experience in AGi32 is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with other disciplines, and team members.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
- LEED® or similar green building certification is an asset.