INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER, TECHNOLOGIST, OR DESIGNER
TWS Engineering Ltd. an Edmonton based engineering firm that specializing in engineering consulting and design work across most of Canada and has provided excellence in engineering consulting services since 1977. Our clientele includes the full spectrum of sectors within the construction industry. We offer full consulting and design service to our clients from the conception of a project, through construction and into maintenance in the mechanical, structural, civil, electrical, power quality, instrumentation and controls engineering disciplines. In addition, we offer forensic engineering services and power quality engineering. We are deeply committed to sustainable design and minimizing our footprint on the planet while maintaining maximum value for our client.
The Mechanical Department specializes in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in commercial, healthcare, institutional, retail, residential and mixed-use high-rise projects, as well as heavy industrial projects. Currently, we are seeking an intermediate Mechanical Engineer Technologist or Designer for our Edmonton office as we are expanding and growing. We offer progressive career opportunities, a healthy work environment and a variety of exciting and challenging projects.
The team at TWS is comprised of loyal employees who are passionate about their work. We encourage a fun learning environment and encourage employees to foster strong peer and client relationships. We have an office environment built on respect, where everyone is considered an essential and valuable member of the team. We are committed to helping our staff reach their full potential. We provide the tools, training, and project experience, which will allow you to grow professionally and personally.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in a wide variety of building related projects from concept to completion. Duties include:
- Coordinate and manage mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are on schedule, on budget, and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects.
- Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and competed successfully.
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Strive to accomplish company goal of quality workmanship by improving quality of designs and setting standards.
- Ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Oversees the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians and engineers.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success.
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports.
- Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budge status and manpower resource utilization.
- Identify and address the need for additional services and fees to clients in a timely fashion.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in a wide variety of building-related projects from concept to completion. Qualifications include:
- Minimum 6 years of design experience in HVAC, plumbing & piping, fire protection, controls, and building systems.
- A graduate with and BSc in mechanical engineering or a graduate with Diploma in Mechanical Engineering technology program.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or EIT with APEGA; or a Professional Technologist or a Certified Engineering Technologist with ASET (preferred, but not required).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and BIM (Revit).
- Good knowledge in relevant codes and standards in building mechanical engineering and consulting.
- Experience in HAP and envelop load calculation tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with clients, other disciplines, and team members.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- LEED® or similar green building certification is an asset.
- Casual work environment
- 5-day work week – Monday to Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Long-term career growth potential.
- Comprehensive Health Benefit Plan.
- On-site parking.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer real advancement potential within a team environment where outstanding performance is rewarded. You won't get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact
We are on a fast track and looking for winners. If this sounds like you, email your CV to:
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.