INDUSTRIAL MECHANICAL DESIGNER – INTERMEDIATE
TWS Engineering is looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Designer to join our Edmonton office industrial group. The individual will be part of a team supporting our oil, gas, mining and manufacturing clients. The role will be office based with occasional trips to site.
Skills and Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ Years Mechanical experience working on Industrial Projects.
- Thorough understanding of industrial focused mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Microstation, Navisworks Manage, Recap, and Bluebeam. Experience with AutoPLANT, Revit, SolidWorks, Hexagon Smartplant and CADWorx would be considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis software (e.g., CAESAR II) would be an asset but is not a requirement.
- Experience preparing Industrial design drawings including piping isometrics, general arrangements, mechanical plans, sections and detail drawings to defined CAD standards.
- Able to perform basic visual inspections and measurements in the field as directed by a senior engineer.
- Able to review shop drawings and prepare RFI responses in collaboration with a senior engineer.
- Able to assist with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Able to assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering and design documentation and take general scopes and instructions from thought to conception with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with ASME, SMACNA, CSA codes & standards commonly employed for industrial projects.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of Kristopher Yap-Chung, P.Eng., Email: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer real advancement potential within a team environment where outstanding performance is rewarded. You won't get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.